Odd.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tohm

I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago. The Toshiba m40x, of course it's not top of the line but it suits my needs! :)

For the past while, I have had it working excellent. Then for some reason it runs slower and slower every day. I run Ad-aware every 2 days, Microsoft Anti-Spyware every 2 days and Norton AntiVirus every week. Is it just me, like does it just seem that way because I'm used to fastness?

Also, the mini-fan on the right side, inside it used to run very quietly and smoothly when I bought it but now it runs loud and you can almost hear a rumble. Is there possibly something caught? Or is it like dust or something?

Thanks.

If it's not cooling properly, the CPU is likely to "speed step" down to limit the power consumption and therefore the heat. That could be evidenced by the fan running more or faster.

If you think its faulty, it should be under warranty so get it seen to.

tohm

kiwiguy said:
If it's not cooling properly, the CPU is likely to "speed step" down to limit the power consumption and therefore the heat. That could be evidenced by the fan running more or faster.

If you think its faulty, it should be under warranty so get it seen to.
well actually it only get hot when i use it for what it's meant for -- my lap.

on a desk it's fine.

pugmug

Banned
Most laptops breath through the bottom so not only are you blocking the air flow you also put off your own body heat from your lap and legs to add to the problem.

tohm

Wolfeymole said:
Or something like an occasional table would dissipate the heat.
Thanks guys... i would never have thought.... but what happens when (which i usually am) on an airplane for 12 hours? haha it's gotta be pretty hot there.. I'm sure I'd melt the plastic! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online