Oddly Enough #2

Hi hewee,

I've substituted the "finalizing" icon of your choice (assuming it was clicked by mistake) for one you'll surely find more suitable. :)

buffoon,

I just had to say that and the timing was just right seeing how I got the 2nd Odd post in the 2nd Odd Thread. :D

ekim68

Mike
More and More Americans Think Astrology Is Science

"I believe in a lot of astrology." So commented pop megastar Katy Perry in a recent GQ interview. She also said she sees everything through a "spiritual lens"…and that she believes in aliens.

According to data from the National Science Foundation's just-released 2014 Science and Engineering Indicators study, Americans are moving in Perry's direction. In particular, the NSF reports that the percentage of Americans who think astrology is "not at all scientific" declined from 62 percent in 2010 to just 55 percent in 2012 (the last year for which data is available). As a result, NSF reports that Americans are apparently less skeptical of astrology than they have been at any time since 1983.

ekim68

Mike
Police Officers Who Shot at Two Innocent Women 103 Times Won't Be Fired

The eight Los Angeles police officers who shot at two women over 100 times will not lose their jobs. They won't even be suspended. They'll just get some additional training.

They'll need it, since the shooting happened at the height of the manhunt for cop-killer Christopher Dorner, when police mistook two women delivering newspapers in a blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck for one man hellbent on revenge in a charcoal Nissan Titan pickup truck and shot at them 103 times. One of the women, who was 71 at the time, was hit twice in the back. The second woman was hit by broken glass. I would say those cops should get some training in target practice, but then it's probably best for innocent newspaper carriers that they don't.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
That is a good example of MOB mentality taking over. Had there only been a couple of police, they would have thought first and not shot at all.
They should be fired for stupidity at least. That was over 12 shots each, which, I imagine, would involve a reload.

Another dumb thing once one cop starts the rest just go into auto mode without thinking.
But that many cops not even thinking is unreal and to make it worse they have guns and get away with this.

ekim68

Mike
This boat hull was left rusting in a bay until it turned into a forest

The SS Ayrfield was built in 1911. It transported supplies to American troops in World War II, and after that it transported coal for decades, until, in 1972, it was sent to Homebush Bay, in Australia, not far from Sydney.

The bay was a dumping ground, and at this time, a “ship breaking” yard. For years the bay was polluted (although Australia cleaned it up around the time of the Sydney Olympics). The hull of the SS Ayrfield, along with a few other ships, was left there to rust. And over the years, the Ayrfield grew into a forested island:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online