1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Odhost vs capfaem (winME)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gobojoe1, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gobojoe1

Gobojoe1 Thread Starter

I recently purchased the Wireless-G Notebook Adapter card from Linksys (WPC54G) and was able to successfully install and use it on an HP Pavillion N5310 notebook running WinME (yea...I know it's old but it does the job)

Since Norton doesn't make anything that supports WinME, I was directed to CA (Computer Associates)'s Internet Security Suite 2007. I was able to get that to properly install.

HOWEVER, everytime I try to get the wireless card up and running again, I get an error that "Odhost has caused an error in ODSERVICE.DLL. Odhose will now close."

With that, I can't get Linksys to open or activate the card.

Are there known problems with the two interacting with eachother? Or anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be MOST appreciated. Thanks!

2. nerdincolorado

nerdincolorado

GET RID OF ME!
    It's most likely a driver conflict between the ME Operating System, and the Linksys Drivers...

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since that's what you installed last, and it broke the wireless connection, it's a logical assumption that's the problem application. Did you contact CA tech support?

4. Timex747

Timex747

I'm having the same issue with ME and the wireless card. Also, this card will not see my wireless network. While trying to fix the connection issue, Linksys sent me to a link that fixed the odhost problem.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...837314B253&displaypage=download#versiondetail
    Select the version as version 2, then install the driver 3.100.64.

Hope this helps you. Unfortunately the adapter still won't see my network, so I'm still working on that. :rolleyes:

5. Gobojoe1

Gobojoe1 Thread Starter

Gotcha. That worked for me. Thanks a bunch!! Got rid of the Odhost problem and parts seem to working with less problems. However, now I have the same problem as you, no networks found. Go figure. If only ME was as easy to work with as XP. I'll keep working on viewing networks too. Good Luck

6. Timex747

Timex747

Linksys finally told me that the WPC54GS card doesn't work with Windows ME. Guess I should have looked at the box closer. :( Anyway, I'll be getting another card. Hope you find a better solution.

7. rojo81281

rojo81281

i have the same odhost error. i hit ok in the dialog and it works just fine it locates my router and connects, but when i go to add/remove and try to uninstall. it runs through the prosses and says uninstall successful. so i restart my comp. like i always do after i uninstall something but its still there like nothing happen. what can i do to remove my wireless g adapter.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice