Odi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cahallyburton

:confused: Hi. Would the lack of a Novell Netware DOS Driver cause me to be unable to connect to a satellite modem while running Win 98? If so, how can I purchase the required driver disk? Did not receive disk with my computer. Thanks!

Shouldn't unless you're trying to connect to a novell server on boot(or in DOS).. what's the problem? What type of ethernet card do you have? If you right click on Network Neighborhood and then click on properties, what protocols/services/ clients do you have installed?

cahallyburton

Bear with me here...I'm stumped and floundering. Am subscribed to AOL PLUS by DirecPC. Everything worked fine for a couple months; then suddenly I tried to log on and received a message that there was no connection. Been that way ever since, and when I try to reinstall the modem software, am told there's a problem with a device driver. So I go into my system device manager, which shows there's a problem with my existing ODI driver. When I click to update the driver, eventually I'm asked to insert my Novell Netware DOS driver disk. I have no such disk, and to my knowledge no ethernet card. Sales tech talked me out of ethernet when I bought system, and the only network I'm involved in is Internet.

Network properties window lists TCP/IP as well as AOL adapters. Existing ODI is also listed there.

Since as near as I can tell, you are not networking, I am going to lock the thread in the Networking Forum to avoid duplication.

ODI drivers are not required for any standard, non networked connection. I doubt very much whether your ISP, DirectPC would require them, they are for Novell database setups. I would remove that protocol from the Network applet.

Your best bet is to get in touch with their support as only they are likely to know how to configure their software. There may be some conflict with AOL to be sorted out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online