1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE 6.0 Won't Start. Error (0X8007000E,3)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by johnnieq, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnnieq

johnnieq Thread Starter

I'm trying to help a friend fix up an old Celeron 450 that he just upgraded from Win98SE to WinXp Pro.

His Outlook Express 6 will not start. It gives a message saying that it "unable to open message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your hard disk is full. (0X8007000E,3)"

I close that message and another pops up saying that it "MSOE.DLL could not be initialized."

There is mem available, and the hard drive has lots of room left.

I checked the Microsoft sites for the error code. There was an article for OE 5.5 with error code (0X8007000E,783) Close enough for me so I tried the fix recommended. No luck.

Any body have an idea??

I checked the forum and someone did post a similar question but never had it resolved.

Thanks!!

2. sekirt

sekirt

You didn't mention the exact MS sheet, so here is one. It does say it is for ver 5 - but the error message seems to match yours.
    OLEXP: Font Cache Error (0x8007000E, 183) When You Start Outlook Express

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232169

sekirt

Edit--->additional information.

Check the DBX files and make sure none of the attributes are set to read only. Uncheck the box for "Read only", leaving only the "archive" bit checked.

Here is a link of the identical error message, translated from Spanish - good luck with this one:) - it is not a great translation.
    http://translate.google.com/transla...xpress+error&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=G

3. johnnieq

johnnieq Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll try both of these and get back with my results.

4. skyman

skyman

5. johnnieq

johnnieq Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I tried all your suggestions, but none worked. So I went into the Registry and deleted the Main Indentity. Reinstalled IE6 & OE6 and alls well. (except old Contacts, Folders, etc. are gone)

Thanks to everyone who answered. It was greatly appreciated!

6. sekirt

sekirt

With all due respect, doesn't the MS sheet say to uninstall and then reinstall Outlook Express?

sekirt

7. johnnieq

johnnieq Thread Starter

sekirt - yes it does, and I tried it three times.

One also mentioned editing the Registry keys, exporting various ones, that merging them back in after a reinstall, which I tried as they instructed and that didn't work.

So I totally deleted the entire key. What ever works! :)

8. sekirt

sekirt

OK, understand. What you deleted, wasn't part of the MS sheet.

As to address book and folders, can't those be imported? Or did you delete those in the process?

Address book files have the extension .WAB and the backup address book extension is .WA~

Glad you solved it.
    sekirt

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice