1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE 6 Error Message

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by skyman, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

When trying to close OE 6, it would not respond. I control/alt/deleted and received this error message:

WINDOWS

A fatal exception has occured at 017F: BFFAA8CD. The current application will be terminated.

* Press any key to terminate

* Control/alt/delete again to restart

Press any key to continue.

I pressed the space bar and got a dull green screen and no restart of program. Had to cold boot and programs are working.

Any idea what happened?

Thanks...

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

3. skyman

skyman Thread Starter

Thanks for you help but I did not find anything there that answered my quesion...

4. Bruce319

Bruce319

It would help to know what task you were doing before deciding to close Outlook Express. Maybe this link can help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178104

If you believe it's the "closing" part freezing up OE, then try to open OE, then without doing anything else close it right up after it's finishes receiving any new emails--to see if OE freezes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice