OE 6 - I'm stuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dura_tay_len

I have outlook Express 6. I have been deficient and hadn't emptied my mail Delete folder. Problem came up when delete function wouldn't work anymore and when I tried to bring up delete folder to send items to recycle bin, received screen saying that Outlook could not open folder due to low memory. Tried rightclicking and sending whole tolder to recycle bin but received box saying that some items could not be sent - an error has occurred and wouldn't process command. So, I can't get into Delete folder to remove items and free memory and I can't empty whole folder. Any ideas/suggestions on how I can open up the Delet folder so I can clean it up. I'm stuck!
Thanks!!!
Malcolm

Try finding and deleting your "Deleted Items" .dbx file. This is the single file containing all your deleted items. It's a hidden file so make sure to show hidden files and folders in Windows. To do this, right click your START button and choose explore to bring up the Windows Explorer. Once the Explorer Windows opens click TOOLS --> FOLDER OPTIONS --> VIEW and look for the option labeled "Show Hidden Files and Folders." Next do a Windows search for all .DBX files by searching for *.dbx

Once you find the deleted items .dbx you can delete it. Make sure Outlook Express is closed when you delete the file. Next time you start up your mail client, Outlook Express will create a new one automatically for you. The path for the file will be something similar to what is listed below (The bolded portion of the path below will be variable from user to user.)

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_WINDOWS_LOGIN_ID\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{F71B2263-58F5-45EF-8A2D-B337C0C73961}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Rollin

For future reference, you might consider setting your Deleted Files folder to *empty* every time you exit OE. I keep my set that way, and have never regretted it.

;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online