1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE 6 sending problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by papat, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. papat

papat Thread Starter

All of a sudden,I can no longer send my email, but can receive them. I have a backup system upstairs which is also experiencing the same problem. I am getting this error code: 0x800ccc0e. I have no problem connecting on Comcast. Thanks Papat

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Comcast seems to be having numerous problems with their outgoing mail servers. The first three things to do are to call Comcast (it will take at least that many calls to get a straight answer). Then wait for things to start working. In the meantime use their web mail.

If you think this is not a Comcast problem, give a full description of the error(s) so that maybe somebody here can help.

3. papat

papat Thread Starter

Checked with Comcast, and she had me change the port setting from 25 to 587, but that didn't work. She also posted instructions how to check that port to see if it is blocked, and it seems to be? I've Googled info but can't seem to come up with an answer. I have never had this problem before, but could the port be blocked somehow? I'm not sure how all this works. Thanks Papat

4. HOBOcs

HOBOcs

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you recently installed a wireless router?

5. papat

papat Thread Starter

Have a router, but have had it for sometime.Papat

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If you are having the same problem with two different computers then is is one of three things.

A wrong setting in both computers (Not likely but possible)

A problem with the router

A problem with your ISP (Comcast) Most likely and changing the port from 25 to 587 is not the fix. If you have to change it then what about everybody else on Comcast?

The first suggestion of call Comcast is the right one but apparently they do not want to be truthful about the problem being theirs, I would suggest calling and talking to a supervisor and go from there.

7. papat

papat Thread Starter

"A problem with the router." I guess if it was the router, I would have problems getting online and also with my VOIP phone. I probably have no other choice but to call and suffer through tech support from who knows where.Thanks Keith

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't really have anything against Comcast, but their tech support seems to be struggling. "Your port is blocked" and "change your port" seem to be two common ways to get you to hang up. Change the port back to 25, and while on hold again to discuss the issue with another Comcast rep enjoy this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/696298-solved-oe-can-t-send.html

As soon as somebody says "port" or "blocked" ask for a supervisor or a tier 2 person. :)

Just for my curiousity, in what region of the country are you?

9. papat

papat Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm from NH and awaiting another 4"-8" of SNOW tonight.UGH. LOL

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Good luck with the snow and Comcast. That thread I linked to is from Washington (state) and a friend of mine here in the midwest got that port blocking excuse among others.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697372

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice