1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE 6 spell checker

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by buck52, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buck52

buck52 Banned Thread Starter

Howdy

When I built a second machine I bought 98SE to load on it. OE 5 did not have the spell checker available...someone said that MS Works would do the same thing to activate the spell checker that the other MS office product do, and they were right (I have a copy of MS Works that came with my first machine). I was hoping it would do the same in OE 6. As I said it does seem to activate it (The icon is no longer greyed out) but I get an error message an error occurred while spelling was being checked with no details.

I have tried uninstall\reinstall same results

thanks for your thoughts

buck

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Though <a href=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q178/2/38.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0&qry=spell%20check&rnk=2&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=OEX> this</a> article doesn't specifically mention OEX 6, I suspect the advice would be the same. See if it helps. And be sure to also look at the linked article at the bottom of the one I referenced.

3. buck52

Thanks Bryan

I checked all the info at that link you gave including the one at the bottom and mine all match except, in there example paths, the word proof is spelled with all caps and mine is all small so I edited and changed to all cap...no luck...so I changed back.

I'm going to look around and see if I can find a specific reference to OE 6

It is not a big deal I'm not that bad a speller that I'm going to jump thru hoops to get it to work. Just one of those thing I got playing with whilst fiddling with XP :D

thanks

buck

4. buck52

Howdy

report...After going back over the link Bryan sent me, all of the registry values appeared to point ot the correct folders but... I got looking for all the correct files in the folders...Turns out that the Csapi3t1.dll file was not in the proof folder. I looked in the proof folder on my other machine and it was there so...I dragged a copy from the Win98 proof folder to the XP proof folder and Shazam the spell checker in XP with OE6 works!!!

Don't know exactly why that file was not installed from the CD but..........not even going to try to figure that one out. :)

thanks again Bryan for pointing me in the right direction

buck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice