OE address book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Raphael

I reformatted my computer. Saved my Outlook. I have my Outlook contacts, buy when I go to Outlook Express, I don't have them. How can I point OE to find my Outlook contacts??

Which version of OE are you using? You should be able to import the address book by opening OE, opening the address book and importing it from outlook. Except in OE6 its different. You have to check share data with other applications.

Or open outlook, file and there is an import/export option. I think you can export them to OE there.

I reinstalled XP and at first I couldn't even find the address book. I finally got it into Outlook 2000 and set OE for sharing data, and used the export in Outlook and finally it worked.

The older versions of Outlook Express have an import data option I think - I can't remember for sure.

Hope this helps.

Raphael

Sorry, but I am a little lost. I click on Import, and it tells me to specify a wab file. But Outlook is stored in a pst. How do I import it??

Try opening outlook, click file, then import/export and see if you can export it to the Outlook Express address book that way.

Try reading this thread and see if you find anything there to help. There are links to some outlook express help sites listed in the posts.

http://forums.techguy.org/t110111/s.html

I hope you find a way to get your address book back into OE - if not you could enter them manually- worse case scenario.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts