1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE address book

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Raphael, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

I reformatted my computer. Saved my Outlook. I have my Outlook contacts, buy when I go to Outlook Express, I don't have them. How can I point OE to find my Outlook contacts??

2. suzi

suzi

Which version of OE are you using? You should be able to import the address book by opening OE, opening the address book and importing it from outlook. Except in OE6 its different. You have to check share data with other applications.

Or open outlook, file and there is an import/export option. I think you can export them to OE there.

I reinstalled XP and at first I couldn't even find the address book. I finally got it into Outlook 2000 and set OE for sharing data, and used the export in Outlook and finally it worked.

The older versions of Outlook Express have an import data option I think - I can't remember for sure.

Hope this helps.

3. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Sorry, but I am a little lost. I click on Import, and it tells me to specify a wab file. But Outlook is stored in a pst. How do I import it??

4. suzi

suzi

Try opening outlook, click file, then import/export and see if you can export it to the Outlook Express address book that way.

Try reading this thread and see if you find anything there to help. There are links to some outlook express help sites listed in the posts.

http://forums.techguy.org/t110111/s.html

I hope you find a way to get your address book back into OE - if not you could enter them manually- worse case scenario.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice