1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE email stuck in outbox but sent

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by prestosales, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prestosales

prestosales Thread Starter

When I send emails they get stuck in the outbox and re-sent over and over again even though they have been sent and received. I tried deleting the outbox.dbx as I have seen on here, but that has not worked. The next email I send is OK but then it goes back to the same problem of being stuck in the outbox and re-sent many times.

Any othe rideas out there....

2. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

Hi Prestosales, try deleting outbox.dbx in safe mode. All the best!

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor (deceased)

If OE is set to save a copy in the Sent Items folder, it's likely the Sent Items is overloaded.
    The message in the Outbox doesn't get removed until it's been successfully copied.

In OE, create a new folder (it can be a subfolder of Sent Items if you wish) and move all messages you want to keep from the Sent Items folder into the new folder.

Then either compact the Sent Items folder
    OR
    close OE and delete the Sent Items.dbx from the Message Store folder.

With either method, be sure you have moved the messages from Sent Items to a new folder first.
    Compacting can cause a severely overloaded file to corrupt and lose it's messages and deleting a dbx will also delete the messages it contains.

T. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice