1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE multiple attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by steve g, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steve g

steve g Thread Starter

Can any one give any advice as to why OE does not keep a batch of selected pictures in the same order when they are sent . i can see no logic to the order they are put in , its not alphabetical or `size' order. sometimes the sequence of a set of pictures is the important bit !!!! anyone know a `work around ' ???

cheers Steve

steve g

xp

2. jl514

jl514

Steve, could you give an example of the order (namewise) of the way outlook puts the pictures in?

3. steve g

steve g Thread Starter

Well, a set of 36 pics all prefixd with july then a number ; were in sequence but became 122, 119, 121, 005, 009, 011, 022 etc. & as mentioned in the initial post their `size' is random as well . Try it with a set of pics, they appear in the wrong order on the create mail page; its not as they are sent ....

4. jl514

jl514

How are you attaching them?

Drag and drop?
    Clicking the Paper clip?
    Insert>Attachment>file

etc.

Your method of attachment may be the culprit.
    I can't try it right now, I only have outlook on this computer, not OE. However, I just took one picture, and made 5 copies of it, and labelled them 1,2,3,4,5 and attached them. They attached in order. There may be something else OE is looking at. In my example, since the files were all really teh same picture, it had nothing to sort by other than the name.

I know this sounds silly, but double check the file names. Some may say "june" and some may say "july." Not probable, but it could be as easy as that.

Im leaving work, i'll check back when i get home if i remember (i hope)

5. steve g

steve g Thread Starter

hmm . i have tried name variations and there still seems no logic. In most cases the sequence required is time / date related, your copy of the same pic would be the same date /time so not quite the same set of `rules'. Picture viewers sort by date / time but OE doesnt seem to !! Thanks for giving it some thought.

6. steve g

steve g Thread Starter

my normal method of attaching is to highlight / select all the pic i want to attach ...rt click ....send to ...mail ...maybe make smaller option etc ...

but i am pretty sure it is the same if you attach using the browser option on the attach tab in OE

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm going to move this to web and email for better assistance.

8. sekirt

sekirt

Here is how I do it - never had a problem. I have an attach button on the toolbar.

1) Click Attach and browse down to where your files are.
    2) For illustration, assume the files are called July1, July2, July3, July4, July5.
    3) Start at the back end with July5 first. Highlight it with your mouse. Hold CTRL key and highlight July4, July3, July2, July1. Click Attach. They will appear in the proper numerical order 1,2,3,4,5.
    4) If you don't have an attach button, click Insert->File Attachment.

sekirt

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice