OE Will Not Connect to Internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MsPCGenius

My normal habit is to launch Outlook Express followed by Internet Explorer. You know... a person just likes to have things arranged on their Task Bar in the same order day-in-day-out :rolleyes:

Well, the other night I upgraded to IE6 which, naturally, also upgraded my OE to 6. Now, if I launch OE first, it will not connect to the internet. If, however, I launch IE and then OE, it comes up without issue. (Comcast via Cable Modem; Win 98)

What's up with that????? :mad:

Try going through the options menu in tools, then click on the connections tab and then go to Internet Connection settings, click change, then make sure your dial up account is set to always dial my default connection.

Not sure what else it could be.

Rutter

MsPCGenius

Here's a little update -- sometimes Outlook Express loads as it should and sometimes it hangs.... :mad: But, even if it hangs, Internet Explorer will launch properly and OE will as well, once I end task and relaunch

Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK

then do the same for regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll

Click on tools / options/ security and check the box for Internet explorer as wellas uncheck the "do not allow attachments box "

Click on the Internet zone button there as well as the "do not allow attachments"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online