1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE6- After pasting, all subsequent text changes

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by marie500, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I use OE6. My default font is Arial 12 pt Blue. Everything's fine until I copy & paste text in. It (correctly, I guess) appears in whatever font it was written in, like Times New Roman 10 pt Black, or Comic Sans 20 pt Red, whatever. But, then, everything I type subsequent to the Paste is in the identical font as the pasted-in one. It won't revert back to my default even though I skip spaces and lines to try to "break" out of it. I have to type the whole email using the unwanted font - then go back, highlight, and change it all at once. I want my default to be the "default"!

2. sekirt

sekirt

Sounds completely normal.

When you copy something, the preference is that it is pasted in exactly the color and font of the original. So it comes out in Times Roman, like it should. It may also carry HTML formatting along with it.

Then you probably hit enter to move down to the next line, therefore you "carry" the Times Roman along with it. In the same manner as if you had typed in Arial and hit enter, the Arial gets "carried" along to the next line, etc;

The way you highlight and change back to Arial is fine. Although there is another option - at the top of the email FORMAT. Go to style and then select Normal. That will also bring back your Arial. The same option also exists to the right of the font size. Between Size and Bold. Type as little as 1 letter and click normal. And it should revert to Arial. Sometimes you might have to highlight that letter.

sekirt

3. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

That's progress alright! That works great, if I start a new paragraph.

But what about this - I can't make the "Normal" stick if I continue to type on the same line, without starting a new paragraph.
    Let's say I paste something that's Times 10 pt Black. If stay on the same line and continue typing (skipping a few spaces and highlighting the beginning of my normal text and clicking Normal), the text I WANT to be default DOES revert to the default font (Arial) and color (Blue), but stays the same size as the pasted text(10 pt) instead of going back to the default (12 pt). Also - the pasted text (which WAS Times 10 pt Black), turns into Arial Blue...everything changes a little, the default text is whatever size the pasted text was, and the pasted text is whatever font and color the default text is. So in this case, I end up with Arial 10 pt Blue. A crazy blend! Hope you can understand.

But at least I can now break out, if I start a new paragraph! I could never do that before!

4. sekirt

sekirt

Yes, your description is correct.
    The only suggestion I have, is to go back to the part you want in Times Roman and highlight and change the font, size and color back to black.

sekirt

5. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I can do that! I'm thrilled to finally know how to break out of the Pasted font - appreciate it very much!

6. sekirt

sekirt

(y)

sekirt

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/200246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice