OE6 Backup Program - opinion?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marie500

I'm trying to learn how to transfer/export my OE6 messages, address book, etc. from this old computer to a new XP computer we'll get soon. I have read and printed out the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, but it looks like it will take forever, and seems complicated. But I think I could do it. Still, I found this program in my research, from various links on this site:
http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/
I'm hesitant to download any old program I happen to run across. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with it, if it's okay for me to use? Also, do you think it will it do what I want (completely restore my present OE6 on the new computer)?

It most certainly will, and I am quite prepared to give it a reference.

This is by far and away the easiest application to backup your email, rules address book etc. that you are likely to encounter. I have used it countless times for reformatting and upgrading purposes

marie500

This is great news! Your endorsements are appreciated - I'll go ahead and download it. It seems to be an unbelievably useful program and I was really hoping it would turn out to be reputable. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online