1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE6 Backup Program - opinion?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by marie500, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I'm trying to learn how to transfer/export my OE6 messages, address book, etc. from this old computer to a new XP computer we'll get soon. I have read and printed out the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, but it looks like it will take forever, and seems complicated. But I think I could do it. Still, I found this program in my research, from various links on this site:
    http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/
    I'm hesitant to download any old program I happen to run across. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with it, if it's okay for me to use? Also, do you think it will it do what I want (completely restore my present OE6 on the new computer)?

2. putasolution

putasolution

It most certainly will, and I am quite prepared to give it a reference.

This is by far and away the easiest application to backup your email, rules address book etc. that you are likely to encounter. I have used it countless times for reformatting and upgrading purposes

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

ditto ;)
    works great
    use it on both W98SE and XP PCs

4. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

This is great news! Your endorsements are appreciated - I'll go ahead and download it. It seems to be an unbelievably useful program and I was really hoping it would turn out to be reputable. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice