1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE6 denying access to attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by idleriver, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. idleriver

idleriver Thread Starter

I recently updated my OE and it went through and on all the emails from one person it says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail". Does anyone know why it did this and is there a way to undo it so that I can read the attachment?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Idleriver:

It is a safeguard that is built into Outlook Express 6.0 SP1.

Click Tools - Options - Security(tab). There will be a checkmark in "Do not allow attachments to be saved - - - ".

If you uncheck this, click Apply - OK, then close and reopen Outlook Express, you will be able to open and view attachments.

I strongly advise you to keep this checked until you find the need to open an attachment that you know is safe.

Why is this person sending you all these messages with an attachment? It would be safe to check first before you open them.

Well-meaning friends and family members pass on files and photos that they receive elsewhere, which is a darn good way to catch a virus. (n)

If you have a antivirus installed(and up-to-date), do a full scan of your hard drive before you open any of them.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

3. idleriver

idleriver Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply and all the advice. I know this person's emails are okay but I think I will take your advice and keep it checked. Thank you!

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/158470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice