1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE6 - Font that recipient sees my messages in

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by corak_ca, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. corak_ca

corak_ca Thread Starter

I type all my messages in comic sans ms, but the recipient tells me that he sees it in Times new roman. I know there is somewhere in the OE6 menus that I can insist on messages displaying in my font but I can't find it. The recipient does not override fonts. He sees many different ones depending on who sends the message.

Can anyone point me to the relevant menu, please?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    What e-mail software is the recipient using?

Do they have the Comic Sans font installed on their computer?

3. corak_ca

corak_ca Thread Starter

He is using outlook not OE but that is not the issue. I had this working fine until two weeks ago when I had to reinstall windows XP and OE6. It is since then that it has stopped working. I did this a year ago but I can't remember what I did. It can definitely be fixed at my end. He definitely has comic on his computer.

4. corak_ca

corak_ca Thread Starter

sorry, forgot my manners. Thanks for replying, Chuck

5. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Don't worry about it. :)

From your first post, to me it sounded more like a problem on the recipient's end.

Is this just happening for one recipient or for all recipients? If it is happening for all of them, do you have your OE Options set to send HTML formatted messages and to use Comic Sans as the default font? The settings are in Tools -> Options -> Send Tab for HTML and Tools -> Options -> Compose Tab for the font selection.

6. corak_ca

corak_ca Thread Starter

Hi, Chuck,

I was away for a couple of days. I just sent a note to another person and they are seeing TNR also. He did confirm that prior to my reinstalling OE6 he was receiving my messages in Comic sans MS. So there is definitely something that I can do (and did before!) to insist on my messages being seen in Comic unless the recipients override. Past experience with both of them confirms that neither of them overrides the font.

7. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Have you done ...

Tools -> Options -> Send tab -> Mail sending format -> HTML

and

Tools -> Options -> Compose tab -> Compose font -> Mail: -> Font settings -> Comic sans

As far as I know (which isn't much for Outlook Express) that is all you need to do to send messages using a specific font.

8. corak_ca

corak_ca Thread Starter

Yes, I have done both of those. They are set correctly. The messages look fine on my screen.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice