OE6 Not Sending Big Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wannano

When I attempt to send an mpg movie to friends, just one of those short funny ones that you receive from others, or something of that size, I get this pop-up error message: Your SMTP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond? The email then sits in the outbox and never leaves. I can only mail text messages. Why won't the mail send? Thanks!

Do you have email scanning of outgoing mail? If you do, turn that off. Your ISP may have a limit on size that you can send.

Wannano

I have email scanning off. And I could always send the mpg files with no problem up until about two weeks ago.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd call the ISP ..
Ask them when they're going to fix it ...
And how soon do you get your two week loss of usage refund.

Sounds like we have the same ISP.
Mine won't let me email myself .. to/from any of my 6 accounts ... they're stumped.

I have email sending problems with sbcglobal.net or AT&T or Yahoo or whatever their current name is.

Wannano

I went over the issue with Comcast this morning. They couldn't figure out the problem. One thing's for certain: It's okay when sending through webmail, but not through OE.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My Insight ISP can't figure out why I can't Email myself either.
It seems to Come n Go .. I'm thinking it depends on which of their servers I connect to.
WebMail works ... and I (usually) can Email myself ... If the Email contains a lot of text.
Now .. Figure that out .. They can't.

Did you talk about a lack of service refund ?? ... Money can get Noisy.

Wannano

Noyb said:
Did you talk about a lack of service refund ?? ... Money can get Noisy.

They just said that since the webmail works, OE is not their concern.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If I understand the Problem ..
I'd find a buddy on the same ISP .. and have them add your Email account.
Or use one of my spare computers .. and see if it would work.
Then you'd know if it's your computer .. or the ISP's.

Working with a good OE ... IS their problem.

Contact microsoft to see what they say? what size is the video file that your trying to send

Wannano
I am having a similar problem Outlook express. Ever since I down loaded and installed McAfee security center from comcast 2 weeks ago I can't not send any .wmv files over 1 meg without it hanging in scanning till the server times out. I can send other file types just fine. I have tried turning off out going email scanning. but it will not turn off. Tried to turn off all Email scanning, Will not turn off. Still get the icon with flashing envelope.

Do you have Mcafee?

I have posted on the McAfee help forums. Had one reply in a week and half. They are ignoring me? I see many post with the same and similar problems. Most are being ignored.
If I find anything out I will let you know. But shortly without any help I going to Uninstall forever and try AVG or something more responsible.
djs6673

Wannano

djs - Yes. I use McAfee for Comcast. I figured McAfee was the problem, yet I wasn't sure, and even Comcast couldn't help. I may uninstall it as well. Keep me informed if you hear anything. Thanks!

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think I remember reading somewhere that IE7 and McCaffee doesn't work.
Do you have IE7 ???

Don't know if this would bother OE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online