1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE6 -- Using email Prog. Net Zero

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by [email protected], Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. billjh@centu

[email protected] Thread Starter

If I am using using Net Zero as my E-mail server, are any or all my settings controlled
    by the OE6 settings. And if so what is the difference between the (MIME) and
    (Uuencode) settings ?? OS Home XP SP3, OE 6, Net Zero Program.

Thanks,

Billjh

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

I'm not sure what you are asking.... OE6 in an email client to collect your email from your Netzero account.

Provided you have the upgraded version of Netzero, you can collect via POP3, instructions here: http://www.netzero.net/support/email/email-setup-msoex6.html

When you ask about "settings" it depends on what you mean. If you are asking about how often it checks the mail, etc., the format of outgoing email (html, text, or both), or whether you are just collecting a copy of your email or grabbing email and deleting the original from the Netzero server, this is controlled by OE6.

MIME and Uuencode are methods of handling non-ASCII formats (not sure why you're asking). Google can give you specifics.

Are you having a specific problem?

MBN

3. billjh@centu

[email protected] Thread Starter

Yes, the problem is, when I send the e-mail to the recepient who has net zero. And my
    email has a small picture in the top left hand corner of the body of the email, when she
    receives it, the picture is spread throughout the body of the mail ( multiple times ). And
    totally covers the body of the email, where you cannot read what is typed. When I send
    it to myself, it's ok. The only thing that I can think of at this point in time, that it has to
    be in the recepients settings ??

4. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

I've never heard of it tiling the picture, but my mother recently installed Mozilla Thunderbird and hated receiving the pictures embedded (she preferred just receiving them as attachments).

There are settings in the email clients - your recipient needs to check his/her settings.

MBN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!