1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OE6 wont let me export mails - MAPI error!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Yakoob, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakoob

Yakoob Thread Starter

First of all, hi everyone I'm new to the boards =) I hope to get some help AND provide help!

Here's my problem:

I'm trying to export my mails from Outlook Express 6.0 but it says that I should set OE6 as my default email and then It says that an error accoured while initializing MAPI...
    I tried to change OE6 to be my default mailing problam but it doesn't save the change, every time I close it, it changes to non-default again...

I did search on this topic and found a similar thread here:
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=104295&highlight=MAPI

I followed the tips you people gave there to no avail!

Then I noticed the last topic with a solution, saying I should rename my MApi32.dll and mapi32.bak files in my system and system32 folders... but I have only mapi32.dll file (no bak file) and only in system folder (there is no mapi file in system32 folder). But there are some other mapi files such as: Mapiform.vbx, Mapisrvr.exe, mapistub.dll etc. etc.

I did try to change the name of mapi32.dll file and then setting OE6 as my default mailing program but it didn't help... maybe I should try to rename all mapi files?

Also, if there's no other solution, is it ok if I simply copy the folder where the mails are:
    C:\WINDOWS\application data\Identities\{BAA29280-95FD-11D7-BD8F-DDC1C387EA54}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\

and will I be able to import it later?

Thanks in advance :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!