1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OEM XP Professional

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jutarat, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jutarat

jutarat Thread Starter

I bought a new Dell computer with a OEM XP Professional. I also have 2 other older PCs and a notebook at home which have XP Home as their operating systems. When I tried to install the new OEM XP Pro on the other older PCs I got a message that the key number is incorrect. Later I have problem using the OEM XP Pro on the new computer that I had purchased. It does not recognised the ID key numbers it came with. Please advise. Khob Khun Ka

2. sponsor

sponsor

could be a fraud copy.

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

And you can only install it legally on one computer

as well as it being branded by Dell to the computer it shipped with

buck

4. jutarat

jutarat Thread Starter

The XP Pro came with the Dell. I was able to install it on the new Dell that camw with it. But once I tried to install it on the older PCs I got an error message. Later even the original Dell had an error message after I tried to reinstall the operating system.

5. rextilleon

rextilleon

Read carefully slowly: YOU MUST PURCHASE NEW LICENSES FOR ADDITIONAL MACHINES----now don't fight it. Just reach into your pocket or if you dont have the money then use Linux.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice