Oem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Y4J

I ordered a graphics card and I noticed that it didn't come with the box or anything and it's not used. But I DID notice it was an "OEM" item. Could that have anything to do with it and what is OEM? I found a few definitions but they still kinda confused me.

Thanks in advance.

Rukee

Banned
Original Equipment Manufacturer
They were supplied to computer makers in large qantities in plain no thrills packaging with no software, cabels, or games bundled with them. Just the bare peice of hardware.

Y4J

Its still new though right? It's not like it's been used and then sent or anything? It just doesn't have the box correct?

Rukee

Banned
correct, it still should be new, just not have the fancy packaging or driver CDs/cabels.

ITS new, dont worry, Lke rukee said it doesnt come with fancy box & extras. You should be good to go

Only on RARE occassions will you find any difference between an OEM product and a retail products except as stated by others packaging and enclosures.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online