1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2003, can't install, can't uninstall

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Wilbur, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wilbur

Wilbur Thread Starter

My son's computer got the blue scrren on start up (XP PRO) so I did a repair install. When it was done everything was fine except for Outlok or any other Office program. When we tried to start them we got an error message.
    So I went to the Microsoft site and tried to do an update, tried 4 times and got an error message.
    So I tried to uninstall office, it said I can't cuz service pack 1 had not ben successfully installed, so can't take it out, can't put it in.
    Next I tried Norton clean sweep which said the programs were uninstalled. I go to Add remove and try to uninstall, no luck.
    Now I can't do either, what ha\ve I done this time?? :confused:

Thanks
    Will

2. Canada,eh?

Canada,eh?

Hello Fellow Canadian! Have had similar problems before. Only thing I could do was CLEAN reinstall of Windows. Don't forget to back up all your data first, and, of course, you'll have to reinstall ALL your other programs including Office 2003, once Win is reinstalled.

Probably not the answer you wanted to hear. Sorry. On the plus side, the forcasted low for Vancouver for Sep 1, 2004 is only 15°C (that's 59°F for you Americans out there! LOL)

3. Wilbur

Wilbur Thread Starter

How's it goin eh!?
    What's the weather like in Ontario these days?

Another clean install, there's gotta be an easier way, surely someone's heard of something¿

If not it's one more night on this thing, it seems to be crashing a lot lately, had a new hard drive installed last week then this morning POOF! :confused:

Thanks eh!
    Will

4. Canada,eh?

Canada,eh?

Cool during the day, cooler (almost real cold) at night! "...weather like in Ontario these days?"

"surely someone's heard of something¿" Ahn yes... just what we all want to hear. Good thing MS released this perfect version of Windows, eh?

5. Wilbur

Wilbur Thread Starter

I gave up and reformatted...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice