1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2003 freezes when trying to print, use print preview or enter page setup

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by whitlily81, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitlily81

whitlily81 Thread Starter

Hello to all! :)

It has been a while since this problem first occurred. Now it has become unbearable. When I try to print, use print preview or enter page setup, Microsoft Word 2003 freezes. The same thing also happens with other Office 2003 programs like Microsoft Excel 2003.

I am not sure if there is a problem with my printer driver (the printer is an HP L2600n by the way) as I have reinstalled it many times AND I have no problem using it as a network printer and can print the same word documents FINE from laptops or other desktop computers in the house. Thus I know that the documents aren't corrupted. I can also print .pdf documents fine from this computer. I think this problem started when my laser printer driver 'disappeared' and when I tried to reinstall it I got a spool-related error. I reinstalled the spool driver and then when I tried to print a .doc file I was unable to do so. The problem may most likely be linked to Office 2003 itself but I have tried options like deleting the data key and renaming the normal.dot template, all which have failed to alleviate the problem. :(

I think that is all the information I can offer to assist anyone trying to help me with this matter, and I hope that the problem can be fixed without me having to reformat or something like that.

Thank you in advance.

P.S Not sure if this will also come in handy but my OS is Windows XP Professional SP2.

2. draceplace

draceplace

In Office, On the Help menu there is a 'detect and repair' option. It wouldn't hurt to run that. This could also be a sign that the hard drive is going bad (loosing stuff here and there)...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice