1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2003 - no more Office Links in Excel?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by slurpee55, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slurpee55

slurpee55 Thread Starter

I recently switched from Office 98 to 2003 and was used to being able to go to data, export in new Access database (or something like that). This doesn't appear to be an option anymore. Does anyone know of a work-around or MS download or add-in that will allow this?

Thanks in advance....

2. OBP

OBP

On the Data Menu isn't there a "Get External Data"?
    There is in Excel 2002.

3. exegete

exegete

I think the OP wants to reverse the direction - from Excel to Access.

4. OBP

OBP

Well spotted Rich, sorry Slurpee, I can't find anything either, it appears that Microsoft changed it to Importing in to Access instead.

5. exegete

exegete

And I suspect that the OP had Office 97 and switched to Office 2003. Office 98 was the Mac equivalent of Office 97.

6. slurpee55

slurpee55 Thread Starter

Yes, everyone, I searched everywhere at Microsoft and they don't even mention the feature, which I really found useful - now I will have to create and Access database and import the Excel data - not a big deal, but at least 2 extra steps that used to be automatic.
    If anyone knows why they did this (security reasons?) or of some add-in that would allow Excel to directly create an Access database I would be very grateful. Sigh, understanding the mysteries of MS....

7. OBP

OBP

Do you want any help with the Access database?
    You can just import the Excel sheet and Access will create the table for you.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice