"Office 2003 not installed for current user" error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Patarinski

Hello all,

I write you to give my experience about this annoying MS Office error. I tried almost all solutions explained in this forum, all solutions from http://support.microsoft.com, but none of them helped me completely. That includes:
- uninstall and then install from all accounts. Uninstall includes deleting all Office related files on hard drives and deleting all Office related registries
- perform a Windows Restore form a day that MS Office was generally working via Run->msconfig->Launch System Restore
- give permissions to "everyone" for C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA or delete these files
- delete MSO.dll and then repair MS Office in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11. I also tried with other MSO.dll files
- I also deleted my account on my PC and created a brand new account with the same name(I could not afford to change it)
- go to user account that has a working MS Office. Run->regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office and under the menu File->Export. After that go to normal user and open registry again and under the menu File->Import. I have to tell that this last fix has an impact! It removed the annoying error, but only MS Word was working as expected. Every other MS application was taking one of main CPU's cores and stopped working. So Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint were braking every time.

Finally, I solved the problem by performing a Windows repair via a MS Windows XP bootable CD. The procedure is well-known but I will give steps so there is no misunderstanding:
- put the XP cd and reboot
- press key at "Boot from CD..."
- press ENTER. Do not choose to run repair via Recovery Console!
- Accept terms by F8
- Select the drive of you Windows Xp and press R
- finish the rest of setup as usuall(if you have troubles, google "How To Perform a Windows XP Repair Install")

After setup has completed login and test any MS Office app.

Greetings from sunny Bulgaria,
Martin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online