1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2003 vs Office 2007/2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MWE, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MWE

MWE Thread Starter

I have been running Office 2003 since it first came out and continue to run it on virtually all my computers. I have one recently purchased computer with Win7 and thought I would try Office 2010. Aside from the amazingly awkward interface and organization of things, I have noticed:
    • far more problems with corrupted files in Office2010 than in Office2003
    • Further, when I send documents via email between computers I find that some .docx files arrive as .dat files. Does not ever happen when files are simply move across the network
    • xls files created in xl2003 run much faster in their native environment than when translated into xl2010 and run in that environment (benchmarks on the two computers suggest that they are about = re performance)

Has anyone had similar problems

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

Horrible resource hog on an older machine. The "How to Remove Microsoft Office Trial" eHow was more help than Microsoft's own "help".

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Most everybody at work has Office 2007 or 2010, and most hate it. Virtually everybody saves their work in the 2003 file formats.

4. valis

valis Moderator

I take it you mean at 'your' work?

All my people are on O2k10.....I've been on it for several years now, and while it did take a while to get used to not being able to fully mod the toolbar to my uses, I'm pretty comfortable with it.

5. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Of course I meant "my" work. How would I know what your company or any other does?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice