Office 2007 File Permissions error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

didd

I am having a problem with Office 2007 and receiving a file permissions error "There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost. (\\servername\foldername\username\doc)" when trying to save to a network drive. I can save the doc to my desktop and copy it to my network drive and I can create a notepad doc and save it to my network drive. I have tried mapping a drive, changing hkey registries, uninstalling and reinstalling office 2007 suite, removed the anti virus (symantec), all updates are in place and I am running XP SP3 - office 2007 SP1, saving to a 2003 server. All permissions on folders are correct and i have checked the creator\owner file.:confused:

CHeck your trusted zones in the word options, make sure your network drives are in the trusted sites.

Word Options-->Trust Center then the trust center settings. make sure your network drives are there, if not add them :)

didd

I forgot to mention that i had already done that - all network drives are listed in the Trust Center.

i assume then you checked the box that says allow trusted locations on my network?

Other than that only other thing I can think of, did you restart word after adding those drives?

didd

I did - this is so frustrating - I really appreciate you trying to help - thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online