1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2007 not installing; error 25004.config.xml

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AizA, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AizA

AizA Thread Starter

Good day and thank you for reviewing this post. I am experiencing a strange issue with MS Office 2007 Student/Teacher. I have also tried installing Office Pro 2003. (Different symptoms for either)
    Here is what I have experienced:
    During the installation of O12 I get this error: Error 25004.Config.XML not specified; A valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying (null)
    I googled this error and was presented with a whole bunch of programming stuff that was WAY over my little technician head.

I uninstalled Office through Add/Remove and tried reinstallation -- same error. I followed some MS instructions (Article ID 928218) for deeper removal (wish there was an Office Removal Tool!) and was able to get more uninstalled.. even some registry entries. Tried reinstall and no change.

I even installed Office 2003 .. it installed fine, but then would not open any Office program .... kept "preparing to install" ... but never opened even Word or Excel.

For what it is worth, OpenOffice opens all files just fine .... user prefers actual Office, though. Not to mention we are concerned as to why this is happening.

Machine is HP AMD Win 7HP Sempron LE-1200 3G ram, 64 bit.

All other operations seem to work fine .. IE is a bit slow opening, but computer is recently out of the box. These errors are happening on, basically, a clean system.

Is there any report or log I can submit to help anyone determine this cause?

Does anyone have any idea how I can mitigate this to make Office12 work?? Before you ask .. YES, the Office is a legit copy, holograms and all. :)

As always, thank you for your time reviewing and answering this post.

Don in Tucson
    The Virus Slayer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice