Office 2007 - outlook problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flogtech

Totally confused:
xp proSP3 installed with all updates. regular restore points made. MS Office suite 2007 with all updates. I have ADMINISTRATOR & INGOLF to log on. Until 2 weeks ago I could send and receive with outlook from both accounts.
I had IE8 open one day and hit the flag "read mail" - it opened outlook 2007.
Then never again could I open under INGOLF - only under ADMINISTRATOR.
Under INGOLF INBOX opens in the taskbar - e-mail gets received - but I cannot open it.
Can start in safe mode though.
Tried re-install and repair option Repair found no problem.
Restore did not change anything.
Registry cleaners - no change.
Anynody any ideas?
Thanks in advance:cool:

flogtech

I switched user and went into INGOLF and put the command in RUN
message came up: outlook failed to start in safe mode - start detect & reapir?
yes
windows configures office enterprise 2007
alot of action on hard drive
configured successfully.
Tried to start outlook
Flashscreen outlook 2007 on destop for a sec
then in taskbar (again) outlook - and straight afterwards to inbox . But cannot open or close or maximise. A reminder set up in outlook showed on desktop. So - it is running in the background - but where?
Any new ideas?

daz1

Banned
suggest back up emails/contacts , locate the *.dbx files )type *.dbx into search
back those up as can be imported later
add/remove programmes scroll to office click it should come up wuth remove or repair you can try thr repair from there if you wish, otherwise add remove features scroll to outlook uninstall reboot then repeat and reinstall

flogtech

thanks dazl - but as I said above: I tried several times the repair option-no change.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online