1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2007 trial question (My 2003 trial just expired!)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by snowyskies, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowyskies

snowyskies Thread Starter

Can I run the trial for office 2007 and keep my 2003 stuff loaded and running? My life's in OneNote 2003, which I have the full version of(2 copies, actually), but my trial for all the other office things *just* expired, and I've got a giant paper due in 2 weeks. Which is now read-only. I can't figure out what I need to do in Oo.o in regards to headers and formatting. Which is the main reason I'm currently in a state of panic!

Do you have to get rid of 2003 to use 2007?

Edit: I'd like to hold off on buying 2007 until after the end of the semester, because I need to turn my tablet in for some pretty crazy repairs. And I'm debating the merits of switching to vista while all that's being changed around in the meantime. So I'd like to wait on buying until after I decide if Vista's gonna work for me.

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there,

I'm not sure about the trial version, but with the whole version (which I understand the trial version to be, only with a countdown limit on it) you can install over 2003 and keep both versions. The only thing you cannot do this with is Outlook (you are only allowed one of those programs/versions at a time). There are some other minor issues, but for the most part, all can run together fairly well. I have 2003 and 2007 installed on my main hdd partition.

So when your 2007 trial is up, you can uninstall it, but will need to reinstall Outlook. It would probably be better to reinstall everything anyways. You may have issues with normal.dotx or personal.xlsb, etc.

3. snowyskies

snowyskies Thread Starter

I downloaded and started the 2007 Office Home and Student Version of Cheapness Trial. And I gotta say I'm loving Word 2007 so far. Not completely sold on OneNote yet, but I did spend a lot of time tweaking my full copy of 2003, and I'm still trying to find where everything is in 2007. Since I only have a few weeks left in the semester, I'll probably keep using 2003 for now for simplicity's sake. And get everything all geeked out for Spring or summer semester. Because I will be buying it now. Just an hour with Word 2007 has made me go from wanting to stab my computer with autoformatting frustrations to complete happiness because I can actually find what I need to do my papers!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/556789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice