1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cfriismk, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cfriismk

cfriismk Thread Starter

Is there a fix to get spell checker to accept English in lieu of French dictionary?

2. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Review tab > Proofing (far left section) > Set Language (just to the right of Thesaurus).

3. cfriismk

cfriismk Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. That setting is set exactly as you said. However, when I am using MSN Email; under email settings it only gives me the option of two French Dictioniares. I thought MSN email is supposed to follow Word. It always did with my old XP and older version of Office. Can you help further?

4. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

OK, since you put an Office 2007 title on this thread, and you're talking about email, how about we check your email client's options.

Bear with me now, as I'll be going from memory on this (I don't have an Outlook client to look at at the moment). If you go to Tools > Options within Outlook, there should be a Spelling tab. On that tab should be a dropdown box to choose the the language. Change it to English (if it isn't already set that way, of course).

5. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Further looking into this issue found an interestingly annoying quirk.

Are you using Outlook Express by chance (with Office 2007 installed)?

If so, this article may shed some light on the problem (which I found from finding this thread on another forum).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice