1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2010, Drive Q and Lenovo Recovery Media

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by corneydavid, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corneydavid

corneydavid Thread Starter

I apologize if this question is posted to the wrong group. As it is specific to Office 2010 installation on a Lenovo I am not sure where to post.

I installed Office 2010 from CD/DVD. To accomplish this I had to make a drive Q available for the Office installer to work correctly. On Lenovo laptops drive Q is, by default, used to store the recovery media (Windows 7, drivers, etc.). The 'easy' fix was to assign the current drive Q to another drive letter making drive Q available to install Office 2010.

The problem I now have is that I want to create a recovery DVD from the media that is normally installed on drive Q, but is now on drive Z. When I run the Lenovo utility to create the recovery media it cannot find the files. If I try to access or delete the drive Q used by the Office 2010 installer I am denied access. I assume drive Q i now a virtual drive as I cannot see it in the Computer Management >> Storage >> Disk Storage utility.

Can anyone suggest a method for removing the current drive Q (assuming Office 2010 no longer needs the drive), or how I can get the Lenovo utility to see the recovery files on another drive (Z)?

Thanks in advance for any help on the above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice