1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2013 Freezing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by macrip3, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. macrip3

macrip3 Thread Starter

Hello, All:

I have office 2013 installed. It freezes every time I leave it for a while and come back to it after wards. Only the office freezes nothing else. Windows 7 is fine. No viruses. I need to be able to use office 2013.

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Welcome to Tech Guy Forum, macrip3!

Which feature freezes? Word? Excel? Other? Or all of them? You mentioned going away and coming back to find the program has frozen. What were you doing just before you went away?

3. macrip3

macrip3 Thread Starter

All of them. I mean by going away is that if I minimize it and then come back to it. It even freezes if I just wait.

4. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I don't have Office 13, so I've run out of ideas. Maybe someone else will run in to help you. :)

5. draceplace

draceplace

Recommending manually running Office updates (an update could be pending or hung) then run a repair (Control Panel -> Programs and Features) right click MS Office, select change, select repair.

6. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Are you also linked to a source ín the cloud'? Maybe your netwrok connection / verification to that share is lost and the timeout takes too long?
    I don't work with 2013 yet but this sounds familiar

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice