1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office 2013 is it available now?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Alexb123, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alexb123

Alexb123 Thread Starter

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

It is available to businesses through their volume licensing program, but you can't buy it retail yet.

The customer preview is a beta version that you can try before you buy it. It has a limited term (30 days, 60 days, etc), after which it will expire unless you enter a valid license key.

Whether you should get Office 2013 or Office 365 depends on your need. Office 2013 is the next version of the Office suite we're all used to. Office 365 is subscription based and can be installed on up to five computers. It has more cloud services and will provide some syncing between the computers.

This article from pcmag might be helpful if you want to read up on some of the differences.

3. Alexb123

Alexb123 Thread Starter

Thank you Wendy I'm surprised how confused I am on this. Will have a read :)

4. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

I'm never surprised when Microsoft is confusing. :) They've complicated matters quite a bit on this release by offering 2013 and 365 with different business models. I suspect it will take some getting used to for a lot of people.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice