Solved Office 365 won't allow a document to open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jim73

I am the editor of a monthly news letter for an organization and create it in Publisher 2016 and save it as a PDF so my members can open it. I have a hot link in Publisher the works fine, but when I try to open it in the PDF version I get this message:
upload_2018-8-19_15-15-46.jpeg

I have deleted the PDF and saved it again to see if that would fix the problem. It did not. I rebooted and tried again, same issue. This happened last week in an Outlook document when it blocked the National Anthem!

Microsoft support was useless and said Publisher is a commercial application and commercial support is closed on Sunday.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue? If so, it will be greatly appreciated.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What is the full path of the saving of these PDF's?

Jim73

I think I have resolved the problem, but thanks for the response.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well, how did you solve this issue, as someone else may have the same issue?

Jim73

I opened the PDF using the link in Publisher, copied the URL after it opened, then pasted it in place of the original Publisher link. I then saved the document as a PDF and it now opens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online