Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Office 97: Errors on Install

946 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rkselby98 
#1 ·
I am working on a machine that is running Windows 95c and has a copy of Microsoft Office 97 and Outlook 98 up to SR2. There was only Word and Excel installed and they needed Access 97 added. I went to Add/Remove in control panel and put the Office 97 CD into the drive. As it was scanning the hard drive for previous installations it popped up a message stating: "Your previous install of Office 97 was not installed completely." After that it will not allow me to uninstall the suite. What I had to do was download a utility called "Add/Remove 4 Good" and had it remove Office 97 from the control panel. Then I deleted all entries on the hard drive and registry. I tried to install it again ad it still gave me the error. Then I tried installing Office 2000 suite because that scans for old Office files and removes them. After that didn't work I ran out of ideas. If anyone has any reccomendations or has run into this before please let me know. I want to stay away from formatting the machine. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.