1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office documents won't open after opening IE 7

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by breneck, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. breneck

breneck Thread Starter

Hi, I'm running Windows XP and have Office 2000 installed. I use Internet Explorer 7. If I open IE 7 to browse the web and then try to open an Office document the Office program doesn't do anything, then eventually tells me it's "not responding." I have to reboot to get the documents to open. After reboot, as long as I don't open the internet, all Office documents open fine. Once I open the internet, I have to reboot before opening any Office documents. I've tried "repairing" Office 2000. No help. Any sugestions? Thanks!

2. dustyw

dustyw

Yeah, I use Mozilla Firefox, I just don't use IE any more, once every eon (long time :) ). It's really to download just go to http://www.mozilla.org, I hope that helps!
    Sorry I just don't use IE because of all the problems I had with it and this was at least 5 years ago. I keep it around because anything that is Microsoft word, excel, etc... programs doesn't allow Firefox to download from their website.

3. breneck

breneck Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I've tried Firefox in the past but haven't had much luck with it. Pretty much everything I do switches between the internet and Office documents, both Word and Excel but I appreciate the suggestion. I've tried everything I can think of, even paid a tech company to come out and work on it. I upgraded to IE8 last night and did another "repair" in Office but that didn't help either. Very frustrating!

4. Vikerz

Vikerz

Hi Breneck,

Maybe it's time for you to upgrade your office 2000 to office 2003 at least and or have you tried FF with IE Tab so you can switch rendering engine between MFF to IE or vice versa. Just a suggestion but still it's your call. Cheers!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/873548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice