1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office home and business 2010 - pixilation

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ozziebeanie, Jan 2, 2019.

1. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie Thread Starter

First Name:
    Serena
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3895 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 238 GB (162 GB Free); <<< hard drive is a SSD
    Motherboard: MSI, H55M-E21(MS-7636)
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

Hi all, having a bit of a problem with my Office Home and Business 2010 version, it now looks pixelated across the top bar (refer to pictures attached) Yes program is legal

My backup computer crapped out (and yes main computer crapped out earlier this year – several times,) all of them getting old, I was fortunate enough to get given a i5 tower, of which I put my hard drive in, I had been using it, previously, (backup computer only had mother board crap out, anyway when I transferred my hard drive over, I started it up, all I had to add was a few drivers but it was all go.

Anyway at the time I had not only the version of 2010 office I had but I also had 2007 but only the programs that my version of 2010 did not have. Both legal/activated.

I have been using office like this for the past couple of years with no problems, anyway I called Microsoft and they must have been board, as they remoted into my computer and did a repair (of which I had already done) and they checked a few other things, god knows what, anyway as you can imagine because I am posting here nothing was achieved.

So decided, via advice from a friend to use revo uninstaller (have used this program with no problems for years) to remove all office programs to make a clean slate, re-installed 2010 (on its own) re-activated it, and as you can see from the pictures attached, same problem, I have not added at this stage the office 2007 programs that my 2010 does not have, it was also suggested that I make sure my .net was at least 4 point something and I have version 4.7.2 installed

A previous post with 2010 windows problem was about my dad’s computer, so tech spec’s from that does not apply to this computer. Will add the spec’s to this post.

At first I was thinking maybe the on board vid was a bit dodge but then other programs would pixilate if that was the problem, and they don’t pixilate only the 2010 office and when I had the 2007 programs on it, 2007 was not doing it, all the ribbons where clear, or maybe on board vid is dodge and 2010 is too much for it, does it need more graphics than 2007?

As you can see all sorts of ideas going through my head, I went to put vid card from previous computer in this one but it was too old for it, the slots on this mother board did not match the vid card.

Anyway any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated; I know a long post but wanted you to know all I had done so far. programs still work, its just anoying.

Cheers

Serena

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice