Office Not Valid Installation Package

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PCCaptain

I tried to install the net folder sharing on a PC using outlook 2000. Outlook works ok otherwise but when I try to install that feature all I get is this: "...not a valid installation package" on file data1.msi. This file is present on my MS pro 2000 cd. Did some searching on the MS KB but didn't find anything. Help is appreciated.

First Name
Anne
What is your Outlook installation? Corporate Workgroup (CW) or Internet Mail Only (IMO)? Hit Help-About to find out.

I don't think you can share network folders without the CW install.

PCCaptain

This problem is not necessary related to the net folders. It seems to happen on just about any new addition to items not already installed with Ofc2000. I believe the only real solution is to uninstall Ofc2000 and then reinstall.

usually it means you are not using the EXACT same copy of the disk you originally used to install office. We have even made exact copies of Office, but somehow it still knows its not the same CD. Good ol microsoft...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online