1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office Not Valid Installation Package

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by PCCaptain, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PCCaptain

PCCaptain Thread Starter

I tried to install the net folder sharing on a PC using outlook 2000. Outlook works ok otherwise but when I try to install that feature all I get is this: "...not a valid installation package" on file data1.msi. This file is present on my MS pro 2000 cd. Did some searching on the MS KB but didn't find anything. Help is appreciated.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    What is your Outlook installation? Corporate Workgroup (CW) or Internet Mail Only (IMO)? Hit Help-About to find out.

I don't think you can share network folders without the CW install.

3. PCCaptain

PCCaptain Thread Starter

This problem is not necessary related to the net folders. It seems to happen on just about any new addition to items not already installed with Ofc2000. I believe the only real solution is to uninstall Ofc2000 and then reinstall.

4. cfreyman

cfreyman

usually it means you are not using the EXACT same copy of the disk you originally used to install office. We have even made exact copies of Office, but somehow it still knows its not the same CD. Good ol microsoft...

5. PCCaptain

PCCaptain Thread Starter

That must be it. Even copying the msi file to a hard disk doesn't work. :(

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice