Office Outlook won't block senders...Norton Anti-spam either

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Minmaster

Anyone...
I've been receiving unwanted emails and keep having to place them within my "blocked senders" folder, but the mail keeps coming in from those addresses.
I soon got fed up constantly deleting these messages , so went out to buy Norton's Anti-spam software.
Installed it fine...but Norton doesn't seem to be doing anything...the program is there installed, but it doesn't filter the spam or junk mail like it is suppose to...It kinda sits there idle. Now, with 2 programs running anti-spam, nothing should be coming in...RIGHT?...Nope!!!! Still coming in everyday...HELP !!!!
What can you suggest I could do?
Any help is appreciated

I just signed onto this forum, and I guess I don't have the right permissions to write to you directly. I have Norton Internet Security 2004, and I'm trying to use it with Outlook Express 6 and Win XP. Problem is, the Anti-Spam does nothing except put the words [Norton AntiSpam] in the subject line of certain messages. Now, if those messages were actually the ones I have marked as spam, I could work around the problem by making a message rule. Problems are that good messages also get marked that way. Also, the message rules don't work worth a diddle either! I'm dealing with three computers, each equipped with their own subscriptions of NIS. None work properly.

Furthermore, when I finally called Symantec and explained that I was calling long distance from Costa Rica (800-type numbers are not freebies from here), the tech person said that she had never heard of Costa Rica, didn't know where it was, and would have to contact someone higher up in her company rather than talk with me herself. And still the thing isn't working. I'm going nuts here, and from what I've read on various web sites (C-Net has a host of complainers but no answers, unfortunately) I'm most certainly not alone. Got any advice except be smarter next time?

Carolina, welcome to the forum.

I don't have an answer to this one but I am sure somebody will be able to assist.

You will need to start a new thread if you want assistance with this. It gets very confusing if different people jump in with different questions. The usual method of communication is to post a question and if there is anybody on line who can help they will attach a reply. :) Click on "New Thread"

I get a lot of mail from people that are not in my address book but still want to keep.

A free program that integrates right with Outlook2000 or later is Spambayes:
http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

Very simple to set up and you don't need to create a lot of rules. Just mark anything you don't want to Delete as Spam. After a week or so you rarely get anything left in your Inbox that is spam. Also not a lot of false positives. If there are any, just mark the to Recover from Spam.

I like programs that integrate with Outlook since you don't need to keep running some third party program everytime before you want to actually check your mail.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online