1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office Prob. Printer Prob

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wanadrive, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanadrive

wanadrive Thread Starter

Desktop with Vista, Outlook 2003. HP psc1500 printer

I think my first problem was that I couldn't print. The computer was recognising the printer and communicating with it. However looking in control panel > printers etc it said it was offline. It wouldn't let me put it online. However many times I tried, switched printer off/on, switched pc off/on.
    Read that maybe it needed to be removed and reinstalled so I tried that. Unfortunately neither using uninstall in control panel or via programmes seems to uninstall it properly. Now it won't work at all. Tried reinstalling, unfortunately the disk i have is for xp so i have to download from hp site. Unfortunately irt still won't install properly. But that's only the start of my problems!

I guess that my botched uninstall has damaged some other files- to do with windows and office.

When i boot up I get error message 10 times headed logon gui. Says problem with file "c:Windows\System32\audioreg.dll is not a windows file or is damaged". When i dismiss the messages the pc seems to run fine till i try to open Office 2003 programmes. I then get error message c:Windows\system32\msacm32.dll not windows file or damaged. Then a problem with C:Windows.....\cabinet.dll.
    The Office files will open but with limited colours. Except Outlook won't open at all, saying there's a missing file.

So I try going back to an earlier restore point. It doesn't help.

I try repairing Office using the original disk but it saysW3561405.CAB is missing. But when I explore the disk it seems to be there!

Now even the screensaver doesn't work as it says there is amissing file.

Have scanned with MalwareBytes and it says it's clean.

Last resort will be a complete reinstall of Vista, but would like to avoid that if poss!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/937625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice