1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office Programs Migrate-able?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Mandrageran, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandrageran

Mandrageran Thread Starter

Hi all - I'm cringing already at the responses I suspect I'm going to get to this question.

I've had to reformat my hard-drive (again). I backed up everything to an external hard-drive and specifically selected everything in the Microsoft Office folders.

Of course, now, the software won't load. The error I get is "the operating system is not presently configured to run this application."

Why do I care? Because I lost my stinking Office 2007 cd (and case ... with the key ...).

My reformatted hard drive has a "Windows Old" file. Any solution contained in there?

Thanks in advance.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    how did you back up the software - did you do an image copy or ghost copy of the harddrive - or just copy some files

if just copied some files - then you are going to need to find the CD and key

as you formatted and re-installed across the harddrive - I'm not sure theres much you can do

I think you know the answer - unless you have proof of ownership of office 2007 to discuss with MS - I think you will have to buy it again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice