Office prompts for install disk every time I open an application

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kathiegilchrist

I have a Dell GX110 computer with WinXP. I installed Office 2000 Small Business. It works fine as administrator, but when I login as the user it asks for the Office disk every time I open Excel, Word, etc. I made the user a local admin to see if that would help, but no such luck. I can click cancel and the app will open and run fine, but that's an annoying extra step to have to take and I'm sure the user will complain. Anybody ever encountered this problem before? One other thing; I am also running Acess 2002 on this machine and the same thing happens with it.

I was having a similar problem every time I tried to start Access 2003. Cancel wouldn't work and none of the install disks worked. I found this solution, it might be worth a try:

Regedit (start menu, run, type regedit)

Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Office -> 11.0 -> Delivery

There should be only 1 directory under Delivery, which is your DownloadCode.
Select that directory.
On the right side of the screen, right-click on CDCache.
Change the value to 0.

Good luck,
JanisMack

kathiegilchrist

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I went into to the registry and didn't find a delivery key there. It may be because I have version 9 instead of 11. I may just have to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

Kathie. Thats correct Office 2000 = Office 9.0 , 2002 = Office 10.0 and 2003 = Office 11.0 and so on.

So look under 9.0 and that might just do the trick. See if that helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts