1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office Shortcut icons

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by p51, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. p51

p51 Thread Starter

Hey guys! I am sure this is a simple fix, that you guys can help me with.
    In Office 97 on Win98 se, the Office Shortcut Bar icons have all changed to what looks like a sheet of paper. If you roll the mouse over them, it will display what each icon is. I have closed the bar and re-opened it, removed all the buttons then readded and it is still the same. I imagine that I can uninstall and reinstall, or even repair the current installation, but before I do that is there a quicker solution to getting the correct icons back.

Thanks a lot guys,

J

2. RandyG

RandyG

If you right-click the toolbar and choose refresh Icons, what happens?

If that does not work, right-click a given button and select properties. Does the icon show up correctly at the top left? If not, you will have to click on Choose icon, and navigate to where the icon is stored.

3. p51

p51 Thread Starter

I don't have the option to refresh icons. The closest thing to that is Restore, which is dimmed out.

I am not sure on the properties of the icons. I will check on that and get back with you.

4. p51

p51 Thread Starter

going into the properties of each icon and manually selecting the correct icon works. I was hoping for a one step refresh, like you first mentioned, but I guess I will take what I can get.

Thanks a lot RandyG

5. RandyG

RandyG

Oh well. I guess the Refresh Icons is something they added for Office 2000.

Sorry you seem to have to go the long route, but maybe someone elese will know a better method.

Glad to be of some help;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/80622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice