1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office SR-1a Update Won't install

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by joshua_rich, Nov 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshua_rich

joshua_rich Thread Starter

I am running Windows 98se. I have Office 2000 premium installed. I have downloaded the SR-1a update for Office 2000. During the installation it askes for the installation CD. I insert it as directed. The computer searches the CD for a minute and askes for it again. It refuses to install. Is there a certain file I am missing that it needs? How do I get it?
    Thanks

2. bsole

bsole

I'm having either the same problem or a related problem. Whne I insert the original cd ans instructed, I get an error message saying that I have an invalid installation package. The program is looking for the file "Data1.msi". I can browse to the file but I still get the same error message.

Nothing I have done has solved the problem.

Any suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/38462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice