1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office updates

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by carole, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carole

carole Thread Starter

Hello: Do you have any suggestions:?

When I go to install the office update OfficeXP Service Pack 2 it shows that it is already downloaded,but when I go to install it and it asks for the microsoft works suite 2002 cd, i clik on ok and then it brings up error 1706.

It then tells me to not right installation pkg and to find word.msi in another folder which i can install microsoft word 2002, or check windows explorer under C: program files\microsoft office\office10\1033\setup.hlp.

I did that but can't find setup.hlp.
    Would you be able to help me out with this. Thanks for your time.

2. mitrich

mitrich

Your message is not clear. your syntax is a bit mixed up, so I am trying to follow. You are trying to install SP2 for Office XP. I assume, then, that you successfully installed SP1, which would be a prerequisite.

You mention that Windows asks for a Works disc. Very strange, and why would you have Works in your system if you have Office XP? That is like riding a tricycle when you own a Ferrari (some amount of value judgement expressed here, I could have said a Sherman tank, but I like Office XP).

So, why not get rid of Works, un-install it from your system. Then, again assuming that you have installed SP1 for Office XP, try installing SP2. Do it from the Microsoft website. If you had a download, get rid of it and start over. If you are successful, you are finished.

Now, if for some reason you really want or need Works (for the period of time in Works 4.0, Works's had much better templates, Microsoft assuming the user was an idiot), go ahead and re-install it.

I hope this helps.

In your next message, try to formulate better English, take more time, it is important for you to be understood.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice