Office XP Install/uninstall problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sean Olivers

I have been trying to uninstall my programs as part of a clean-up job on my HD. However, I could not uninstall Office XP properly. (I kept getting a message similar to the one below) So, I ruthlessly (stupidly perhaps) simply deleted all the OXP folders and files I could find.
Although that got rid of it, now I cannot reinstall it.
I keep getting a message which says:
"This patch package cannot be opened. Verify that the patch exsists and you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package"

I have checked w/ MS support and tried all of the fixes they reccomend--none work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online