1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office XP Install/uninstall problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Sean Olivers, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Olivers

Sean Olivers Thread Starter

I have been trying to uninstall my programs as part of a clean-up job on my HD. However, I could not uninstall Office XP properly. (I kept getting a message similar to the one below) So, I ruthlessly (stupidly perhaps) simply deleted all the OXP folders and files I could find.
    Although that got rid of it, now I cannot reinstall it.
    I keep getting a message which says:
    "This patch package cannot be opened. Verify that the patch exsists and you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package"

I have checked w/ MS support and tried all of the fixes they reccomend--none work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172129

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice