1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office XP w/ Frontpage setup issue

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mobbgrease, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mobbgrease

mobbgrease Thread Starter

Hi;

I have been attempting to install Microsoft Office XP w/Frontpage on windows 98 OS. My previous version of office is Office Standard 2000. When I attempt to run the setup program, the following error occurs.

Error 25506. Microsoft Office requiresupdated system files not detected on your computer.You must install the system files update prior to installing Office.

C:\windows\system\ASYCFILT.dll is version 2.40.4275.1 when we require 2.40.4277.1

I have installed system files update from the disk (assuming this is what they refer to) and the same error occurs. Am I doing something wrong? Where can I find this file version or solve this problem?

Thanks for anyone who can provide any help. :confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. mobbgrease

mobbgrease Thread Starter

Oh wow....thanks so much.....everything seems to be working now. Very easy process.
    Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326514