1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Office XP Word error on startup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by NateRD23, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NateRD23

NateRD23 Thread Starter

I believe this is the right forum for this issue. I have a PC that has Office XP installed and Word keeps giving me an error everytime I open it. Its one of those generic "Word has encountered and error and we are sorry for the inconvience". And then there is a check box asking you if you would like to recover the document and restart Word. Even upon doing that it still gave the error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, installed Office over itself, tried to copy over the normal template with a normal template that worked, rebooted, and even recreated the profile.

What I dont get is that Word works fine for other users on that PC. I have ran out of options at this point. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like you have a corrupted user profile, since Word works for other users. In extreme cases, I've had to create a new profile for a user and junk the old one.

3. NateRD23

NateRD23 Thread Starter

The problem is that I have done that. We deleted the user's profile folder and then created it again, still no go.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Immediately after creating a new, clean profile, this error pops up? Before you restore any of the settings or data? How are you creating a new profile? You're not copying the old one over, are you?

5. NateRD23

NateRD23 Thread Starter

Ok we changed the profile folder name to something else. Then logged back in as her creating the new folder. And then going from there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice